Hot Docs and Filmkontakt Nord is calling for interactive documentary projects for docXchange.
docXchange is a two-step programme comprised of fostering professional development and offering potential financing opportunities for your interactive documentary project. The first part of the programme takes place in May 2011 with a three-day seminar/workshop at Hot Docs in Toronto, Canada. The second part takes place in September 2011with a one-day financing forum at Nordisk Panorama in Aarhus, Denmark. The language of the programme is English.
docXchange is open to applications from North American and European producers working on interactive documentary projects. A maximum of 24 projects will be selected for the seminar/workshop at Hot Docs. From the seminar/workshop participants, a maximum of 10 projects will be selected for the financing forum at Nordisk Panorama.
Project registration opens on: Friday 18 February
Deadline for submissions of applications: Friday 4 March
docXchange is looking for producers with:
a creative documentary production
- with international appeal
- produced with a user friendly, interactive digital media inventiveness
- clearly described and well researched
- by a team with a proven track record in either the field of documentary or interactive digital production
- in development or preproduction
To participate in docXchange you are expected to have an openness and willingness to participate in a group learning and mentorship process as part of advancing your own project.
To be selected to the docXchange financing forum priority will be given to:
- projects that can show a basic funding and distribution plan backed with letter(s) of intent
- projects with a strong international distribution appeal
- projects with a strong team capable of producing the specific project with excellence
For more information go here
As a Nordic producer (i.e. based in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Greenland or Faroe Islands) you can also benefit from joining the Nordic Delegation to Hot Docs. Check it out here!
An initiative by: Hot Docs and Filmkontakt Nord in cooperation with Filmby Århus Cross Media Initiative
With the support of: MEDIA Mundus – a Programme of the European Union and The Nordic Council of Ministers